- Compile the VLC Media Player from its tarball source code
- Last updated on 07/23/20
- There has been 1 update within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
This downloadable tarball includes the full source code for the VLC Media Player. Instructions for compiling the source code can be found on the VideoLAN Organization’s VLC Media Player developers page.
Developers and users of VLC Media Player should also be aware of the FTP source code repository at and the source code for the contributing libraries to VLC at
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 3.0.11
- Fixes HLS regressions
- Fixes imprecise seeking in m4a files
- Fixes AAC playback regression
- Security fixes and performance improvements
How do I download a file?To download a file, visit the website where it is available. Tap the Download link or Download picture after touching and holding the item you wish to download. Then, open the Downloads app to view every file you've downloaded to your smartphone. Find out more about how to manage downloaded files.
How can I download software for PC?Find a.exe file and download it.
Double-click the.exe file after finding it. (You may often find it in your Downloads folder.)
There will be a dialogue box. Install the program according to the instructions.
Installing the program is planned.