- Convert MKV video files to MP4 format
- Last updated on 07/24/18
- There have been 0 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
Free MKV to MP4 Converter is a absolutely free program that allows you to convert Matroska video files (MKV) to MP4 format. MP4 files created by the program can be played on many portable devices (iPhone, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, Microsoft Surface, HTC, PSP) and fixed media players (WD TV, Xtreamer, Asus O!Play). The video stream from the input file can be encoded using modern video encoders: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, or the old generation, but still very popular Xvid encoder. For encoding audio streams the program uses AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) or MP3 encoder (LAME). At default settings, the application converts files using H.264 video encoder and AAC audio encoder, and automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality. Created MP4 files will be compatible with HTML5 standard, so you can use it on your website. The program includes a number of conversion profiles developed for the typical conversion tasks. More advanced users can customize many video and audio encoding parameters: video and audio codec, video and audio bitrate, display aspect ratio, frames per second, resolution, color conversion to grayscale or sepia, brightness, audio sampling frequency, volume and other. The basic operation of the application is a very simple: just drag and drop MKV files into main window and click Convert button on the toolbar.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.2
- Program name was changed from Pazera Free MKV to MP4 Converter (64-bit) to Free MKV to MP4 Converter (64-bit).
- Restored compatibility with Windows XP.
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- New modules: Check for updates and Tools info.
- New video filter: negative.
- Added option to save the creation, last access and last write time of the source files in the output files.
- New visual style: Cobalt XEMedia.
- Additional navigation buttons.
- The control displaying the list of profiles has been changed. Now additional separators are displayed between the profiles, which increases the readability.
- The tab and panel with video filters are highlighted in blue.
- Added ability to edit output directory list.
- A lot of changes to other interface elements: toolbar, menus, file list, panels…
- Added the ability to select visible columns from the context menu of the file list and from the main menu.
- The error causing displaying of negative values of processed data after exceeding the 2GB threshold has been fixed.
- Automatic scrolling of text in the window with the conversion progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused some of the conversion parameters reset when switching visual styles.
How do I download a file?To download a file, visit the website where it is available. Tap the Download link or Download picture after touching and holding the item you wish to download. Then, open the Downloads app to view every file you've downloaded to your smartphone. Find out more about how to manage downloaded files.
How can I download software for PC?Find a.exe file and download it.
Double-click the.exe file after finding it. (You may often find it in your Downloads folder.)
There will be a dialogue box. Install the program according to the instructions.
Installing the program is planned.